Wednesday, June 28, 2017

JUNE 2017 TO SET NEW RECORD FOR MONTHLY DIVIDEND INCOME!

Recently purchased shares of CHI for my taxable account, bringing total number of dividend payments up to 445 per year!  While that in itself is exciting, what's even more exciting is that this month will set a new record high for monthly dividend income!  Of course it won't hold the record long, since following months will far outstrip this month's earnings.  But it's nice to see things moving in the right direction.

There have been a lot of ups and downs recently in the stock market.  It hasn't worried me much, since I've been picking up extra shares at lower prices.  Even with the turmoil caused by political wrangling and world terrorist attacks, dividend income continues to increase, even when the market is down.  If you're looking to live off dividends in retirement as I am, instead of selling off stocks and living on the proceeds, increasing dividends are more important than increased stock prices.  You only earn money off of stock price increases by selling the stock.  With dividends, you collect month after month either increasing your number of shares if you reinvest dividends or collecting the cash payments.  I'd much rather hang on to the shares and keep collecting the cash.

Looks as though December will be the biggest month of the year once again, with a whopping 48 dividend payments!  I'm especially glad to see the increase in monthly income, since I recently took out a personal loan to buy a better car.  I was hesitant to increase debt, but it will help my credit score in the long run and I have a much nicer car to drive.

No comments: