Thursday, June 8, 2017

HAWTHORN BANK TO RAISE DIVIDEND AND PAY SPECIAL STOCK DIVIDEND!

Hawthorn Bank (HWBK) will increase their cash dividend to 7 cents per share and pay a special stock dividend of 4% on July 1st 2017 to shareholders of record at the close of business day June 15, 2017!  While the cash dividend itself is not real exciting, it represents a 16.7% increase over their previous dividend.  I bought this stock, not only because it's a local company that I am familiar with, but especially for the special 4% stock dividend they've paid every year since I first purchased shares.  So I'm glad to see them continuing the stock dividend and raising cash dividends as well.  Not to mention that my current holdings in Hawthorn are up over 60% since my original purchase!

Regarding some of my most recent stock purchases, QCOM is already showing a gain with INTC and ORA very near positive increases in share price.  VZ is still lagging, since I purchased their shares right before they released a poor quarterly report.  I do expect VZ to eventually recover and I expect to hold all these stocks very long term.

Just collected another cash payment from Swagbucks!  Already transferred the cash to my bank account and on to my investment account.  While I'm not making a killing by any means, this makes my sixth cash payment from Swagbucks since the first of this year and I'm well on my way toward the next one.  You can cash in earnings for gift cards, but I choose the cash option through Paypal so I can add the earnings to my ROTH account.  I've decided to put all Swagbucks cash in to purchasing shares of MAIN, so I'll collect 14 dividends per year!  If you want to check it out, see the link on the lower right side of this page.  It's a great way to save and make money!

No comments: