Thursday, June 1, 2017

EIGHT DIVIDEND PAYMENTS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF JUNE 2017!

While the 8 dividend payments I received today were not quite as exciting as the 15 I got yesterday, the fact that I've collected 23 dividends in two days is very exciting!  That's the way I like to see those cash payments rolling in each month.  Of course I reinvested them all so I'll get even bigger payments next month, but eventually I'll be taking the payments in cash.

Still haven't been able to find out if HWBK is going to pay a special stock dividend in July like they have in the past few years.  May have to just wait and see.  I am a bit partial to Hawthorn Bank, since it is a local business, but even though I own stock, I do not have an account with them.  I've been thinking about moving my main checking and savings accounts there, but I'd like to use up the checks I have from my old bank.  It would be much more convenient, since it's closer to my home than my current bank.  I've been with my old bank since 1994, but that being said, they've never really done anything for me.  I've never had a loan there and I don't get any kind of special treatment for being a loyal customer.  So why shouldn't I move the money to the bank I own shares in?  My current bank is privately owned, so I can't buy their shares.  Perhaps I'll see if Hawthorn will buy my old checks from me to get me to switch.  It would involve switching some automatic payments and linking some accounts to the new bank, but I think I'd feel better knowing my money was in a bank I own a part of.

No comments: