Tuesday, July 4, 2017

JUNE 2017 BEATS OLD RECORD DIVIDEND INCOME BY OVER 20%!

As I suspected it would, the month of June 2017 set a new record high for dividend income, beating out the previous record, set in March of this year, by over 20%!  This is mostly due to increased shares purchased since March and reinvested dividends.  While I'm always excited about new record highs, I suspect this one won't last long.  If last year is any indication, the month of July will be even better than June.  With the special stock dividend from HWBK, this month kicked off with a bang!  Dividend payments collected so far are almost equal to half last month's total and I still have middle of month and the big end of month dividends to go.

Want to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July holiday!  While I have to work, I'm O.K. with it, since it's double time pay for the holiday.  Working on paying off the personal loan I took out to buy a better car.  So far I'm 4 payments ahead.  The holiday pay and overtime I've worked this week will put me 5 payments ahead.  The quicker I pay off the loan, the more I save in interest and the more money I'll have available to invest.  

While comparing end of month statements for May 2017 to end of year statements for 2016, I was both shocked and pleased to see that I'd already invested the total amount that I'd planned to invest for the entire year!  So whatever I manage to contribute for the rest of the year is just icing on the cake.  It should be pretty good though, since payroll deductions for the 401k will add a substantial amount and I set aside money every month for additional cash investments to my ROTH and IRA accounts.  Just have to see how it goes.

No comments: