Tuesday, July 11, 2017

MONTHLY DIVIDEND INCOME UP 826% IN JUST 4 YEARS!

As if setting a new record for monthly dividend income in June 2017 wasn't enough motivation, I decided to compare it with dividend income from June 2013.  2013 was when I began to rebuild my investment portfolio after losing all my money after having stent surgery with no insurance.  I was overwhelmed to find that monthly dividend income had increased a phenomenal 826% in just 4 short years!  While I think it unlikely I'll be able to do this again in the next 4 years, if I do, my retirement is looking much better than expected.

Of course I actually have 5 more years until I plan to retire and even then, health permitting, I'll most likely work part time.  To supplement my Social Security, I plan on drawing from my ROTH account first to allow more time for my regular IRA and 401k to continue compounding dividends.  Whether at a job or working on my own, I plan to keep active in retirement for as long as possible.  I believe it's better for your health to keep busy as you age.  Once people sit down, it seems like they go downhill quick after that.

I'm excited to see how the next 4 years will go!  

No comments: