Friday, December 9, 2016

NEW STOCK PURCHASES ADD OVER 8% TO MONTHLY INCOME!

In my previous post, I mentioned I would be buying shares of SPLV and NCV with money from my Christmas bonus, as a Christmas gift to myself.  In the mean time, I transferred cash from my investment savings account to the Roth IRA to purchase shares of FSC.  I've since calculated the projected income from all three stock purchases and was pleased to see that they will increase monthly dividend income over 8% starting in January 2017!  What a great way to kick off the new year.

Just collected another dividend for December from CNP.  This makes 8 dividends so far, with 24 more to go before the end of the month!  The 3 new stock purchases mentioned above will add another 36 dividend payments per year, getting me much closer to my goal of a dividend per day for 2017.  With the completion of these three stock purchases, I'll only need to add another 17 dividend payments to get to 365 dividends per year.  Will most likely get very close to that with the first of the year purchase of shares for my IRA account.  

Since I have regular monthly cash flow from dividends and a system in place to keep the income growing, I've been thinking about doing a little stock trading in my Roth account.  The idea is to set aside a certain amount of cash for trading and see if I can't boost overall portfolio value by trading for capital gains.  Of course I'd most likely only work with dividend paying stocks, so if the share prices didn't go up, at least I'd be earning income from dividends.  It's just in the idea phase right now, but I'm giving it some serious thought.  

  

No comments: