Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I DO NOTHING AND MY DIVIDEND INCOME WILL STILL INCREASE OVER 30% IN 2017!

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!  It's a new month and I was very happy to collect 7 great dividend payments for the first day of November.  While posting first of the month income, I did a quick projection of annual income for 2017.  If I do absolutely nothing, no new cash investments, no reinvested dividends, my annual dividend income would still increase by over 30%!  Of course I plan on reinvesting dividends and making new and additional stock purchases, but it's nice to know that I'd get a raise without doing anything.

With the market down as much as it is, I'll most likely be reinvesting most dividends by January 2017.  I had been collecting payments in cash, waiting for prices to go down so I could buy more shares at the lower prices.  While I have no idea where the bottom or top is in the stock market, I do know that if shares are cheaper than I originally paid, by reinvesting dividends I'll be reducing average price per share thereby increasing possible future gains.

Really looking forward to my upcoming vacation.  No big travel plans, but I'll be spending time with family and car shopping.  Don't really know if I can afford to buy another car right now, but I'm going shopping for one none the less.  Never know what kind of deal you'll come across, so I figure it's worth a look.  Wish me luck.

No comments: