Tuesday, November 22, 2016

MID MONTH INCOME DOUBLES IN LESS THAN SIX MONTHS!

A few months back I decided I'd like to increase middle of the month income.  When you retire, most of your expenses are at the beginning and the end of the month.  So the fact that I was already receiving the majority of dividend income on the first and last days of the month was not a bad thing, but I figured increasing mid-month income would allow for little extras during retirement.  To that end, I targeted new investments paying dividends between the 10th and the 25th.  

I'm happy to report that this strategy has worked quite well and mid-month income has more than doubled in less than 6 months.  It is now on par with first and last of the month income, giving me a steady stream of dividends throughout the month.  With the purchase of GAIN bringing my total number of annual dividend payments up to 312, I'm now averaging 26 dividends per month.  This puts me ahead of schedule to reach 365 dividends by the end of 2017!  Once I've reached a dividend per day for every day of the year, my next step will be to build positions and increase daily payments.  I'm excited to see what's in store for 2017!

As a final note, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: