Saturday, January 23, 2016

STOCK MARKET ENDS THE WEEK ON A POSITIVE NOTE!

After watching the value of my portfolio drop since the first of the year, it was refreshing to see at least one day where every one of my holdings were up for the day.  As I've mentioned before, as a dividend investor, I concentrate more on increasing monthly income from dividends than I do on the day to day ups and downs in the market.  But I am only human and no one likes to see the value of their investments declining.  I am happy to report that this latest mini crash didn't cause me much angst because of the positive increases in monthly cash flows.  Whether the run up in stock prices will hold or not we'll have to wait and see.  

Collect dividends from GE and PSEC this past week, bringing monthly total of payments up to 11, with 5 more to go towards the end of the month.  This month's dividend income will set a new record for the month of January and I expect to see new record earnings for the month of February as well.  In accord with my plan to boost dividend income by 50% this year, I'll be purchasing more shares of PHK in February.  The new shares will boost monthly income by an additional 3% on top of the 2% increase from January's purchase of AOD shares.  If you add on the 2% increase from reinvested dividends in January and February, that's 7% of my 50% goal.  So I just need to boost income another 43%.  Since reinvested dividends increase monthly income by 1% each month, I really only need another 33% to hit my goal, but I think I can do better than that.


No comments: