Friday, January 29, 2016

I DO NOTHING AND DIVIDEND INCOME IS UP BY 25% IN 2016!

Just finished posting my end of the month dividends and comparing this month's total to January 2015.  While doing this I noticed that monthly dividend payers alone would pay more cash this year than my entire portfolio paid out last year.  So I did a quick estimate of dividends from quarterly paying shares and was pleased to see that if I do absolutely nothing between now and the end of 2016, my dividend income will be a little more than 25% higher than 2015!

This is exciting in itself, especially since this does not include reinvested dividends.  Since I will be reinvesting dividends and I will be adding additional shares through cash purchases throughout the year, it should be a piece of cake to reach my goal of increasing dividend income by 50% over last year.  I may revise my plan around June or July because I'm thinking I may reach my yearly goals by then.  No matter how it works out, it's surely a powerful motivator to see income increasing at such a tremendous pace.  It also gives me a great deal of confidence in my investment strategy.  At this rate, by the time I retire, I'll be collecting a nice tidy sum to supplement my Social Security checks.

No comments: