Saturday, January 2, 2016

DIVIDEND INCOME UP 22% IN 2015!

December 2015 was an exciting month with a total of 24 dividend payments, a new record for monthly dividend income and the final tally for the year.  Compared to 2014, dividend income was up 22% for the year!  Pretty exciting in itself, but I've already worked out a plan to boost income even more in 2016.  What's most exciting is the escalation in monthly cash flows.  Reinvested dividends and additional cash investments out of pocket have put my investment portfolio in a great position at the start of 2016.  Will the bull market continue or will we be faced with a bear market?  I'm not really sure, but what is clear is that the investment plan I started 3 years ago to rebuild my portfolio is working extremely well.   

Started the year out right with 5 dividends for the first day of 2016!  What is already clear is that January 2016 cash flow will be up significantly from January 2015.  As long as I'm able to stick to my investment plan, I don't think it's beyond reach to boost total dividend income by 100% before the end of 2016.  That's a pretty ambitious goal, but I've done the math and not only is it possible, but it could be done quite easily with reinvested dividends and boosting holdings in some of my current holdings.  While I haven't seen a dramatic increase in earned income, I am making more from my job and I've been making headway on reducing my debt.  I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a matter of sticking to the plan and everything will work out fine.  Don't have too many years left until retirement age, but I've decided to continue working as long as my health permits.  Can't really see sitting around the house and watching television all day.  I'd much rather be doing something productive and continue to build my investments as long as I'm able.

No comments: