Tuesday, March 31, 2015

GE TO SPIN OFF REMAINDER OF FINANCE DIVISION TO SHAREHOLDERS LATER THIS YEAR

Just read the latest report from GE.  I didn't know until now that GE was spinning off their finance division in the form of IPO Synchrony Financial.  GE still owns 85% of Synchrony Financial (SYF) which it plans to spin off to shareholders later this year.  Could be a good thing.  I'm always happy to pick up a new stock through spin offs.  Just have to wait and see how it all plays out.  

Also read a prediction of a major collapse in the U.S. dollar.  With such a run up in the national debt under the Obama administration, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.  Hopefully it won't, but it would be a good idea to hedge against the possibility by putting some money in hard assets like real estate or gold.  Unfortunately that is not possible for me right now, but I will be looking in to opening a savings account in Canada.  Couldn't hurt...

No comments: