Friday, October 31, 2014

IT'S A HAPPY HALLOWEEN WITH THE END OF THE MONTH BIG 3 DIVIDENDS!

Here's hoping everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!  My holiday was made happier by my last 3 dividend payments for the month from CRF, CLM and AOD.  The market is up and my portfolio regained all the losses it incurred earlier in the month along with adding additional shares through reinvested dividends.  

Saturday, November 1st, I'll be looking forward to kicking off the month with all the first of the month dividends.  While the income from my portfolio is still small, it's exciting to watch it grow month after month, whether I add additional cash or just reinvest the dividends.  Either way, the cash flow increases and the total number of shares increase.  While reviewing my accounts this evening, I noticed that dividends alone would replace all the shares I was forced to sell this past summer to pay medical bills in just 10 months!  To me that's exciting!

I'm especially excited about collecting my first dividend from EGAS November 1st!  This monthly dividend payer will boost cash flow significantly and improve compounding of investments.  With payments reinvested monthly instead of quarterly, I should be able to build the number of shares I own fairly rapidly.  Plan on holding on to EGAS for several years to come.  Would be happy to collect the dividends until I'm gone and leave the shares to my estate.

No comments: