Monday, September 9, 2013

INVESTMENT PLAN 2014, WATCHING COSTS

During the rebuilding phase of my investment portfolio, the investment costs exceeded dividend income for the first 5 months of 2013.  This being the case, as I look forward to adjusting my investment plan for 2014, I'll be concentrating on cutting costs.  

Two ways to accomplish this come readily to mind.  First, I'll continue reinvesting dividends for both accounts through 2014, since there are no commissions on reinvested dividends.  Second, I'll increase the dollar amounts of my investments and make fewer transactions.  I'll save on commissions this way because my investment company charges the same amount whether you invest $25 or $2,500.  

Controlling costs can add a great deal to the bottom line in business and investing.  So cost controls will be a major part of my investment strategy for 2014.

No comments: