Thursday, August 8, 2013

RR DONNELLEY CLOSING JEFFERSON CITY MO OPERATIONS

It's been all over the local news the past couple of weeks, RR Donnelley & Sons is shutting down operations in Jefferson City, MO..  I understand the anxiety over lost jobs and tax revenues but I'm wondering if none of these people read the annual report.  Maybe they'd have seen this coming, since they stated in their last report that the company's earnings from traditional printing operations had stalled and they were moving more toward digital media.

At any rate, I'm hoping this is a move towards cutting costs which would be positive for shareholders.  I can't complain, since my investment in RRD is up over 80%.  Still I like to see progress towards cost control and increasing revenue.  We'll see how it pans out.  

No comments: