Friday, March 8, 2013

UPDATE: REBUILDING MY INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO

It has been 10 months since my last heart attack and 6 months since I went back to work.  The medical bills from my last hospitalization and follow up treatments just about wiped out my investment accounts.  Since going back to work, I have been working on rebuilding my investment portfolio.

When I went back to work, I was collecting 16 dividend payments per year.  With this month's stock purchases, I'll be collecting 95 dividend payments per year.  During the same 6 month period, I have doubled the total value of my portfolio through re-invested dividends, regular cash deposits and stock appreciation.  I expect to at least triple the starting value of my accounts within the next 6 months and possibly double the current value by the end of the year.  So even though I've gone through some catastrophic setbacks, I'm well on my way to building a new and improved portfolio.

With spring just around the corner, I'm planning to ramp up the resale business.  I'll be selling online through Craig's list and Ebay and I'll be working the flea market booth at least a couple of weekends per month.  The extra income will go a long way toward paying off the few medical bills I have left and it will provide an extra boost toward rebuilding my dividend portfolio.  

No comments: