Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MONEY SAVING TIP OF THE MONTH

If you like the Ipad, but can't see yourself spending the money to buy one, and you're not expecting one for Christmas, you might want to consider a less expensive alternative.  I recently purchased a 7 inch tablet internet appliance running the Android operating system (see pic).  While it's not up to the operational level of an Ipad, if you're only interested in checking emails, surfing the internet via wifi and playing music and video then you might be satisfied with the much less expensive epad.  I found mine on Amazon for $129 with free shipping and I've been extremely satisfied with its performance.  I downloaded the Kindle for Android software and have been using it as an ereader as well.  It works fine on my home wifi connection and came with several applications pre-installed.  Like I said, it may not be up to the quality or functionality of an Ipad, but I figure with the difference in price I could go through 4 or 5 of these gadgets before I'd be out the money I'd spend on one Ipad. 

Battery life seems to be around 2 hours, which is roughly the same amount of time I get out of my laptop.  I find it a lot more portable and convenient to use than a laptop and when I'm stuck waiting at the Dr.'s office or the VA I can enjoy reading a good book.  I've also figured out, the amount of money I save by purchasing ebooks, instead of printed versions, will quickly cover the cost of purchasing the epad. 

Several of the stores are currently selling these tablet pc's, but prices vary widely, so you definitely want to shop around.  If you'd like to look for it on Amazon, simply type epad into their search under the electronics section. 

No comments: