Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MY TOP TEN HOLDINGS GOING IN TO 2011

With this year winding down, the dollar is up on bad news in credit markets overseas, the stock market is down and I'm not expecting to do any major buying or selling until after the first of the year.  My top ten holdings for the new year are:

 1.  AT&T (T:NYSE)
 2.  Philip Morris Intl. (PM:NYSE)
 3.  Windstream Corp. (WIN:NASDAQ)
 4.  Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE:AMEX)
 5.  Centerpoint Energy Inc. (CNP:NYSE)
 6.  Merck and Company Inc. (MRK:NYSE)
 7.  General Mills Inc. (GIS:NYSE)
 8.  British American Tobacco (BTI:AMEX)
 9.  Unilever NV (UN:NYSE)
10.  ISHARES TR US PFD STK IDX (PFF:NYSE)

Overall I think it's a pretty diversified list of holdings with good prospects for growth and decent income from dividends.  I am currently earning a little over a 6% return in dividend income overall from holdings in my taxable portfolio.  Would like to see the Bush tax cuts extended, but not quite sure that will happen.  Just have to wait and see.

This list is for informational purposes only.  I do not suggest anyone follow my investment strategy without first doing their own research.

No comments: