Friday, November 12, 2010

RECOVERING FROM A HEART ATTACK

Went in to the emergency room Monday night with chest pains.  Turned out to be a mild heart attack caused by blocked coronary arteries.  Had stint installed to open blockage on Tuesday morning and I'm home from the hospital recovering from my first, and hopefully last, heart attack.

Now for the worst of it.  With my current job, I have no health insurance, so I'll have to figure out how to pay for all this on my own.  Not looking forward to all that, but I'm determined not to let it wreck my finances.  I'll keep readers posted on how it all goes. 

Already saved a great deal by shopping around for medications.  The original quote from a local drugstore chain was $812 for a one month supply of prescription medications.  After checking around, I got 3 months of four of my medications, plus one month of the most expensive one for $209 at the local Walmart pharmacy.  Saved well over $600 per month on prescriptions with a few quick phone calls. 

Now I'll have to work on the medical bills as they come in.   

No comments: