Friday, July 24, 2009

Today's Stock Trades, Regency Energy, BP

Decided to sell my stake in Regency Energy Partners (RGNC) for a quick 24% gain. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would consider selling if the gain went over 20%, just didn't think it would happen so soon. This frees up quite a bit of cash, so I've decided to reinvest the money in shares of ConAgra (CAG) and British Petroleum (BP). I like the dividend payouts and the long term prospects of both companies. My positions in both stocks are for the long haul, as long as the dividends hold up.

I'm still holding shares in a couple of energy limited partnerships. The dividend payouts are good on both, albeit a bit questionable due to recent earnings. Am hoping to trade out of both with a small profit, we'll see how it goes. I see from the news on CNBC.com that Warren Buffett is reiterating his advice to "buy American." I can't help but agree, since I'm still seeing what I consider bargains in some great stocks. My biggest regret is that I don't have the money to take advantage of everything I find. But I know that opportunities will always reveal themselves to people who look for them. I'm always on the look out for a great investment opportunity.

No comments: