Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Frugal is The Word For 2008

With the start of the new year, my main resolution is to practice the habit of being frugal. To be frugal means to make the most of your resources, the opposite of being wasteful. To some extent, I have always practiced frugality. However, upon reviewing my lifestyle as a whole at the end of 2007, I was able to identify several areas where I can make improvements. I still have some problems with impulse purchases. Several times I find myself purchasing things in the stores only to bring them home and put them away and never use them. I also have a tendency to buy big name brands in clothing and shoes. While I purchase a lot of these on sale, I've realized that I could dress just as well on less money by purchasing store brands. I'm sure as the year progresses I will find many ways to use my money in a more efficient manner, thereby allowing me to put more of it to work. So frugality is my plan for the new year. I'll keep the readers updated on how well it works out.

No comments: