Saturday, December 29, 2007

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!

This past summer, while on vacation, I read a fantastic book on investing. It has been a great inspiration to me and a continuing source of motivation! It was more a book on the philosophy of building wealth than a how to book, but it has helped me more than any other book on investing that I have ever read. Up until I read the book, I had always viewed my savings and investments as money put aside for my retirement. I had never considered the possibility of creating cash flow that would change my life in the present. One of the greatest things I learned from the book was that I needed a drastic change in the way I thought about making money. Over the years I have read so many books and magazines on investing and have watched endless hours of news and specials on the business channels, but I still had the 9 to 5 mind set. It was all about working a job to make a living and put a little aside so I'd have something someday down the road. Now I look at things from an entirely different perspective. When I consider a new investment or a new business prospect I'm looking more at how it will change my life today. It had made a wonderful difference in my life. Just changing the way I thought about making money has opened my eyes to so many more opportunities. I don't worry so much about my job anymore because I've started making a great deal of money outside the workplace. The more money I make outside work, the more I have to put into my investment accounts to earn even more money without more work. At the rate things are going, I will be able to make more and more money with less and less effort on my part. I am to the point that I am considering the possibility of early retirement, which I never thought would be possible before. Of course, when I say retirement, what I really mean is giving up working at a normal job. As long as I'm physically and mentally capable, I intend to keep active with some form of work. I would have to say that the real breakthrough for me in my whole wealth building plan was the day I decided to change the way I viewed making money.

No comments: