Friday, November 3, 2017

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR NOVEMBER

Big jump in the market today and in the overall value of my portfolio.  Especially a nice jump in my stake in QCOM on rumors of a takeover by Broadcom.  Whether it will or won't actually happen is quite another story.  They may face an uphill battle gaining approval from regulators in the U.S..  However, I plan to keep a close eye on the situation and see if I can find an exit point with a tidy little profit.

Otherwise things are going well.  In the two days from the 31st of last month and the 1st of this month, I collected a total of 24 dividend payments!  November is one of the lower income months, with only 35 dividends for the month.  However, it's followed by December with a whopping 48 dividends!  So I'm not losing any sleep over it.  Cash balances continue to grow as I collect selected dividend payments in cash.  Looking forward to my next stock purchase with Swagbucks cash and adding new quarterly income there.  

Been working extra hours at my job, so I'll be concentrating on retiring more old debt and saving on monthly interest charges.  Should also be able to set aside a little extra to boost holdings in some of my current stocks.  I'll definitely add any additional cash to one of the monthly dividend stocks.  Haven't really decided which one yet, but I want any extra cash to create more monthly cash flow.  

Also made a little extra cash with a yard sale, not to mention getting rid of some of the clutter around my house.  Sold one of my old coats for $3, which isn't much, but since I bought it at a yard sale 3 years ago for $1, I was pretty happy about that.  The rest of the stuff I've sold are things I no longer have any use for and cannot hope to recover what I paid for them, but whatever money I recover is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.  I'm pretty sure I got my money's worth out of them in use, so if I can sell them for a few dollars, I'm happy.  

No comments: