Friday, November 24, 2017

NEW INVESTMENT PLAN FOR 2018

It's that time of year again, where I begin figuring out my new investment plan for the new year.  It's still in the developmental stage right now, but I've pretty well figured out most of what I want to accomplish in 2018.  It doesn't include too many plans on adding new investments, although I may find something along the way that's just too good to pass up.  I'm looking more at ways to boost monthly dividend income by adding more shares to my current holdings.  Of course I'll be reinvesting most dividend payments, with the exception of CRF and CLM.  Although they both pay high dividends, a great portion of those dividends are a return of capital, while the share prices continue to dwindle.  So I'll most likely keep collecting those dividends in cash, since I can't see by more shares of an ever dwindling asset.

Should I receive a Christmas bonus this year, I've already decided where to invest the money.  I'm taking half to spend on Christmas and buy new tires for my car.  The other half I plan to use to purchase more shares of NLY, GAIN and CCD for my Roth IRA.  If for some reason we don't get our Christmas bonuses, I'll be using savings and money earned through Swagbucks to add to these stocks instead.  I'm using money from Swagbucks to purchase a stake in CCUR next week.  I like their numbers and the fact that at least one of their insiders has been purchasing a lot of shares.  Hopefully the company comes through with the bonus and I can purchase the shares in December.  It would be great to start the new year with a much higher monthly income.

I'll be spending a lot more time for the remainder of this year and all through next year working on building my investments.  As I mentioned in a previous post, my investment income has gone up over 300% in the past three years compared to only 6% for my earned income.  So I think it would be the wiser choice to put a little more effort towards my investments, since that's where the real opportunities are for increasing income.

No comments: