Friday, October 27, 2017

OCTOBER 2017 HAS NOT BEEN KIND TO MY FINANCES

The total value of my investment portfolio is down and a series of necessary auto repairs and maintenance have left me anxious to see the end of October 2017.  While I'm not at all in a panic, I will have to be very careful with my finances going in to November.  Got to get back on track, build up my reserves and add to my investments.

O.K., enough of the negativity.  One thing I am excited about, the recent drop in prices has my reinvested dividends purchasing more shares!  If the market languishes, I should see my average price paid per share decline significantly.  Setting the stage for even better returns once the market takes off again.  It also makes my cash purchases go a lot further.  So a down market is not all bad news.  It's actually good news to me, since I'm still in the purchasing phase.  As long as the companies and funds I'm invested in don't start cutting dividends, it could turn out to be a great thing.

I've figured out how to double my monthly income from Swagbucks and am looking forward to putting that money to work with the purchase of NLY.  This will give me 475 dividend payments per year in total, with 28 of those dividend payments coming from money earned through Swagbucks.  I'd like to buy one more monthly dividend stock with Swagbucks cash and use any money earned afterwards to build my stakes in those four stocks.  A few years from now, this should turn into a nice tidy monthly income.

I have long lamented being single and not being a 2 income household.  However, it occurred to me recently that I'm actually a 45 income family.  That is, I actually have 45 sources of income including stocks, funds, my job, interest bearing accounts and cash back accounts.  While my job is still my largest single source of income, the income I receive from outside my job is growing rapidly.  So I just need to stick to the plan and keep doing what I've been doing, because I'm obviously headed in the right direction.

No comments: