Friday, August 5, 2016

SOLD PDLI, REPLACING IT WITH SPLV

Yesterday PDLI announced they were no longer going to pay quarterly dividends, so that was it for me, decided to cut my losses and run.  In keeping with my investment plan to only own stocks paying dividends, PDLI had to go.  Sold all shares today and will be replacing it with SPLV, a five star rated fund paying monthly dividends.  While their dividend yield is not so great, SPLV's main objective is low volatility, which should bring more stabilization to my portfolio, while providing opportunity for growth and income.  It's a sure bet it will be a much better performer than PDLI.  Since PDLI paid quarterly and SPLV pays monthly, this purchase will bring my total number of dividend payments per year up to 296!  So at least something good comes out of the whole thing.  

No comments: