Wednesday, August 31, 2016

AUGUST INCOME UP 120%!

Just collected the last 7 dividend payments for August.  At first I was a little disappointed with total income for the month, until I compared it to August 2015.  Compared to last year, income for the month of August 2016 is up an astonishing 120%!  So my initial disappointment turned to excitement.  I can't believe I'm still seeing such tremendous gains, I keep expecting them to slow down, but it hasn't happened yet.  I've been thinking about my investment plan purchases for 2017 and I figured out a way to boost monthly cash flow tremendously, but it also involves a measure of risk.  

Estimated remaining dividend income for the rest of this year and it looks like annual income will be up over 100%.  December will definitely be the new all time record month for income.  All good news, but no time to rest on my laurels, got to keep the momentum going.  Speaking of which, tomorrow September kicks off with another great batch of dividends.

Registered with TransAmerica to track my 401k on line.  After my initial sign in, I reviewed my investment choices and I think I made the best picks out of the bunch.  Waiting to see how the 401k affects my taxes, but I'm already thinking about increasing my investment percentage.  Just got a small raise at work, so I could put that money to work by diverting more to the 401k.  We'll see how it goes.

Making all stock purchases through the last four months of the year through my Roth IRA.  Decided to hold off on purchase a stake in SPLV and buy shares of dividend aristocrats BEN and ABT.  While the bulk of my investments are currently stock and bond funds, I'm still a firm believer that you're likely to make more money with individual stocks versus funds.   

No comments: