Monday, June 6, 2016

REPLACED 2 POOR PERFORMERS AND DOUBLED THE DIVIDEND INCOME!

I held on to EGAS and MFC hoping to see a turnaround, but alas it hasn't materialized with either one.  Finally made the decision to cut them loose and reinvest the cash.  Put in orders to sell all shares of both stocks and reinvested the money in monthly dividend payer GUT.  

By cutting my losses and redeploying the cash, I gained 4 extra dividend payments per year, bringing the annual total to 253.  Or, to put it another way, I'll collect a dividend payment every 1.4 days!  Reinvested cash from the sale of EGAS and MFC will not only increase total number of shares owned and total dividend payments, but it will also more than double the amount of dividend income!  I don't expect to see any stellar capital gains from my investment in GUT, but I'm after the stability of the fund and the dividend income it produces, so that's not an issue. 

My next cash purchase will be shares of SPHD for my Roth IRA account.  Hope to complete the purchase by the end of June, depending on my cash situation.  Right now I'm spending quite a bit on much needed maintenance on my car, so I'll just have to play it by ear.

No comments: