Tuesday, June 14, 2016

JUNE TO SET NEW RECORD FOR DIVIDEND INCOME IN 2016!

A preliminary estimate of this month's dividend income shows I'm headed for a new record in monthly income for 2016.  With the new dividends from recent purchases and increased dividends from current holdings, income for the month of June will be out the previous record set in March by over 23%!  While this in itself is exciting, what's even more exciting is that I have 6 more continue building income before the end of the year.  If I'm able to increase earnings for the last 6 months of the year as well as I have in the first 6 months, It's going to be a fantastic year!  Of course that all remains to be seen.

My most immediate plans are to continue building up cash reserves and reducing debt to free up additional money for investing.  Meanwhile, reinvested dividends and automatic transfers to my investment account will continue to increase monthly dividends on their own.  The next big cash purchase will be additional shares of SPHD, which I'll purchase through my ROTH IRA for tax free income.  I think SPHD has great potential for boosting the overall value of my portfolio, not just through reinvested monthly dividends, but from capital gains as well.  It also adds a great deal of stability to my portfolio, through it's investments in low volatility, high dividend stocks.

On the job front, I've been very busy.  Working overtime this week again, which will give me extra cash to add to savings and investments.  I've estimated my income for 2016 from my job will increase by 33% over 2015, mostly due to working more hours.  Regardless of whether I get a raise or not, it's still a pretty good increase in earned income.  While I like to see earned income increase, I'm way more excited to see the income increases from dividends.  With my job, I may or may not get a raise in pay, whereas my investments give me a raise every month, whether or not I do any additional work.  

No comments: