Wednesday, March 2, 2016

THE MAGIC OF COMPOUNDING, UVE DIVIDEND UP 33% IN ONE YEAR!

UVE is one of the original four stocks I purchased when I started to rebuild my investment portfolio.  I bought in at a very low price and was able to sell enough shares to take all my original cash back out of the stock.  Since then, I've held the remaining shares and reinvested all dividend payments.  I figure you can't really lose this way, since you're effectively playing with the house's money.

So imagine how happy I was to compare today's dividend payment with last year and find it had increased by a whopping 33%!  I work hard at my job and didn't get a raise from them at all during the past year.  But I'm really not too worried about that when I get these kind of raises from my investments.  This increase is entirely attributable to reinvested dividends.  While UVE did increase their dividend from ten cents to twelve cents per share last year, they'd already done so when I received the March 2015 payment.  With no additional cash out of pocket investments on my part, this truly is a great example of the "magic of compounding."

No comments: