Sunday, February 17, 2013

STATE OF THE UNION--500th POST!



I thought a little fireworks were in order, to celebrate my 500th post on the Missouri Blue Collar Investor!  Hoping to be around for another 500 or so :0).  

Recently we were entertained by another imaginative State of the Union address by President Obama.  I say imaginative because I can't imagine how he expects the already strapped taxpayers to foot the bill for his current line of proposals.  Which reminds me of a hilarious cartoon in this Sunday's paper.  It's titled "broken record" and features Nancy Pelosi with a crazed look, repeating over and over "What spending problem", "What spending problem."  The cartoonist got that right, Pelosi and Obama have had no "problem" spending.  Just once, I'd like to see a president come out for the State of the Union address and say, "We're in a hell of a mess."  At least then you'd know they have a grasp of what's really going on in the country.  Well you just have to hope something good will come of the whole mess.

No comments: