Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LATEST ADDITIONS TO MY IRA ACCOUNT

Finalized my purchases of AWF and ERF for my IRA account today.  Locked in an 8.11% dividend yield on AWF which should start paying monthly dividends to my account in May.  With the small price drop since my last post, was able to get a final dividend yield of 10.97% on my shares of ERF.  The completion of these purchases add a total of 16 payments a year to my "dividend a day" plan. 

Since AWF is a high yield global bond fund, it also means I'll be investing in bonds for the first time.  While I'm a firm believer that stocks outperform bonds over the long haul, I figure at my age it doesn't hurt to have some exposure to bonds and a small amount invested in a fund like AWF has little change of adversely affecting my portfolio in any way.  I definitely like their monthly payments :0). 

No comments: