Saturday, April 14, 2012

DAILY DIVIDENDS: WEEK IN REVIEW

I'm happy to report some great progress this week towards my goal of 365 dividend payments per year.  With this weeks' stock purchases, I was able to add a total of 16 dividend payments per year, bringing my total to 172 dividends.  So I'm covered for 172 days of the year, leaving me 193 dividend payments to go.  Not to bad, I'll soon reach the halfway mark, so I'm ahead of schedule, compared to the amount of time I originally expected to take.  I'll be reinvesting all dividends until I've acquired stock in enough companies to provide a dividend payment for every day of the year.  That being said, the more dividend payments coming in, the faster the purchase process, so I'll be acquiring stock at an ever accelerating pace.  Once I've reached 365 payments per year, the dividend income will be redirected towards increasing stakes in each of my positions to increase daily payments.  It's all about cash flow and where you direct the money.

It was also a very good week for dividends.  This week I collected dividends from MO, O and WIN in my taxable account and PM and KFT in my IRA account.  So I collected a dividend for 5 out of 7 days of the week, helping to build cash balances in my accounts for my next investment purchases.  The more I think about this plan, the more excited I get about it.  But the greatest motivator is seeing the cash balances replenishing themselves with each dividend payment.  I'm looking forward to reporting future progress, which I'll try to do on a weekly basis.

No comments: