Monday, August 8, 2011

THE MARKET PLUNGES OVER 600 POINTS, OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKING!

The market plunged over 600 points on the first day of trading after the S & P announced its' downgrade of U.S. debt from AAA to AA+.  While many are fleeing the market for the supposed "safety" of gold and bonds, I'm looking at things from a different perspective.  The U.S. stock market is having one hell of a sale!  Stocks which were valued at much higher prices just last week are down several dollars per share.  So I'm thinking it's time to pull out the stops and go all in.

I'm not recommended this for everyone else, it's what I personally have decided to do in response to the latest market reversal.  It worked out well for me in 2008 and 2009 and I'm looking to repeat the process.  So I've once again set all stocks in my investment portfolio to reinvest dividends, which I'll continue to do until we see some recovery in the market.  Right now I'm hoping that will be way down the road.  The longer I have to pour money in at the lower prices, the better it will be when the market recovers. 

In the mean time, I'll be satisfied knowing that I'm adding to my dividend portfolio at greatly reduced prices.  I'll also be boosting regular monthly investments to both portfolios for the foreseeable future. 

No comments: