Thursday, April 6, 2017

UPDATED STOCK PURCHASE PLAN, ABT OUT PFE IN

After doing more research, I decided to drop ABT from my stock purchase plan and replace it with PFE.  While I think ABT is a great company, it seems too overpriced for my tastes, so I switched to the more reasonably priced PFE.  Put in an order to purchase shares of CHI and VZ for my IRA account next Tuesday.  The CHI purchase is for boosting monthly dividend income and VZ is a long term play, but also carries a nice quarterly dividend.

Later this month, as cash on hand permits, I'll be buying JNJ and PFE for my Roth IRA.  Once this month's stock purchases are complete, I'll be up to an annual total of 397 dividend payments per year.  Plan on spending the rest of the year increasing current holdings through reinvested dividends and additional cash investments.  Looks like I'm still on track to double dividend income again this year, but we'll have to see how it goes.  Thinking about replacing my car this year, which means I might have less cash to invest, so it really depends on how all that works out.

No comments: