Thursday, April 13, 2017

SPRING EARNINGS SEASON, HOW IS YOUR PORTFOLIO GROWING?

Spring, a great time to turn your attention to your gardening plans and your plans for growing your portfolio.  This is one of my favorite times of the year, for both reasons.  I am an avid gardener and I enjoy reading all the annual reports that start rolling in this time of year.  Getting a detailed analysis on how each stock has performed in the past year makes it much easier to plan upcoming cash investments with an aim toward maximizing returns.  

So far, I've reviewed about half of the annual reports for the 31 stocks and funds in my portfolio.  A couple of things I've learned, UVE and UTG which both pay modest dividends, seem to have very good prospects as long term investments.  Also liked what I saw in SPHD and SPLV's annual report, so I'll be adding to my holdings on all four this year.  Recent purchases have been aimed at boosting monthly dividend income while reducing volatility.  I consider additional investments in the four stocks/funds mentioned above as low volatility.  So I'll also be on the lookout for a couple of good high yield investments to boost monthly income.

No comments: