Tuesday, February 28, 2017

FEBRUARY DIVIDEND INCOME UP OVER 100%!

Just collected the final 13 dividend payments for February 2017, for an increase in monthly dividend income of well over 100% compared to February 2016!  If this trend continues, I should have no problem reaching my goal of doubling dividend income again this year.  

How long the Trump rally will continue is anybody's guess, but it's been great for the overall value of my portfolio.  That being said, I'm thinking things will eventually turn and we'll see some downward motion before the end of the year.  With that in mind, I'm currently diverting some dividend income to cash to take advantage of any bargains that may present themselves later in the year.  If I'm wrong and the rally continues, I figure it never hurts to have a pile of cash.

Should collect a check from SendEarnings in March as well as my second cash payment from Swagbucks.  I'll be investing both payments to boost monthly dividends.  While I'm already collecting 372 dividend payments per year, exceeding my goal of a dividend per day, I am thinking about buying shares in another monthly paying fund and a couple of individual stocks.  Probably won't happen in March, but I do have an upcoming bonus from work in April for winning Employee of the Year.  Definitely investing the bonus, just haven't decided how to deploy the windfall as yet.  I'm leaning toward purchasing more shares of quality 5 star funds SPHD and SPLV.  This wouldn't be a big increase to monthly income but it would improve future growth prospects.  On the other hand, if I invested the money in some of the cash cow funds, I'd have more monthly income to put toward purchasing quality shares.  Maybe I'll do both and put half in cash cow stocks and the other half in one of the funds.

February has been another great month overall, so I'm looking forward to what March has in store.  It will be great to kick off the month with another great batch of dividend payments tomorrow!

No comments: