Tuesday, February 14, 2017

AOD PURCHASE INCREASES MONTHLY INCOME ANOTHER 2%!

Just completed purchase of AOD shares for my ROTH account, increasing monthly dividend income 2% on top of the 3% increase with the purchase of NCV!  AOD pays a monthly dividend of $0.058 per share for a yield of 8.38% on their current price.  Looks like I got in early enough to collect the dividend this month.  This purchase increases total number of dividend payments per year to 372, guaranteeing I'll be paid a dividend for every day of 2017!  Off to a good start on doubling dividend income again this year!

Been doing a lot of projections of retirement income and although it's looking much better than a few years ago, I'm thinking about ways to improve things even more.  Originally I had planned to stop working at my earliest Social Security retirement age of 62, but now I'm thinking I'll draw my Social Security and keep working another year or two, as long as my health allows.  By continuing to work and living off earned income, I could invest my Social Security checks each month to dramatically increase dividend income in just a couple of years.  

No comments: