Friday, May 29, 2015

TOTAL NUMBER OF DIVIDEND PAYMENTS DROP, DIVIDEND INCOME UP 20%!

With EGAS changing from monthly to quarterly dividend payments, the total number of dividends I'll collect has dropped from 192 to 184.  Since the dividend was not cut, it will only have a small effect on total income related to compounding from frequency of payments.  So it's pretty much a non issue.

Overall portfolio value is still up for the month.  Total dividend income is down in 2015 when compared to the month of May 2014.  However, total dividend income for the year is up a little over 20% when compared to 2014.  As expected, I'm not seeing the huge gains in monthly cash flow that I experienced all last year.  Income has leveled off to more sustainable amounts.  

Still expect to see a slump in the markets starting in June or July, but I could be wrong.  No matter how it actually goes, I'll either see an increase in portfolio value from a higher stock market or I'll be able to purchase more stock at lower prices.  It's kind of a win win scenario for me, so I'm pretty excited about the prospects.

No comments: