Saturday, December 28, 2013

SANTA RALLY?

Along with the best month of dividend income for 2013, I enjoyed about a 5% jump in the value of my investments this past week.  Whether this qualifies as a "Santa Rally" or not, it sure rallied my spirits to think I'll be starting 2014 much better off investment wise than in January of 2013.

This will be the first year I've been off New Year's Eve and New Year's Day for several years, so I intend to celebrate the occasion.  Don't intend to get too wild, just a nice mixed drink or two when the ball drops at midnight and a traditional New Year's Day dinner.  Not really sure if the cornbread, cabbage, black eyed peas and ham will bring me luck in the new year, but since they're all foods I like, I figure it couldn't hurt.

There's a line in the book "The Richest Man in Babylon" which says, "The goddess of good luck favors the man of action."  With that in mind, I'll be working my investment plan and actively searching for extra work to boost my income and investments for the year ahead.  Instead of waiting for good luck to befall me, I intend to create my own luck.

No comments: