Tuesday, December 10, 2013

PURCHASED MORE SHARES OF CORNING GLASS

I decided to invest my cash for December in additional shares of Corning Glass (GLW), since it has been such a great performer from my initial purchase.  I realize that this may not boost dividend income as rapidly as I'd like, but I'm also shooting for some growth and I think GLW has room to increase in value as well as potential dividend increases.  We'll have to see how that pans out.

I've been really busy moving for the first part of December, which doesn't leave me much room for participating in the holiday season.  As it always is with moving, money is tight this month and if past experience is any indicator, it's likely to remain so for about the next 3 or 4 months.  The cold weather hasn't helped.  My utility bills are so high I'm thinking Ameren can afford to build another nuclear plant from the money I've been paying them lately.

On a brighter note, I've already received 9 dividend payments for the month of December which I continue to reinvest.  I do have some reservations about reinvesting dividends while the market is at such lofty highs, but I'm sticking to the plan for now.  There's always the possibility that I may decide to take the cash, should the market reach what I consider unsustainable highs.  In that case I'd switch to cash payments and concentrate on building a cash reserve to take advantage of any fallback in the stock market.  

Hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable holiday season so far!

No comments: