Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIVIDEND INCOME FOR APRIL MORE THAN 3 TIMES JANUARY 2013!

As further proof that my investment plan for 2013 is on track, the total dividends for the month of April are more than three times the amount earned in January of this year.  It's a great start to the second quarter.  I still have 2 more dividends to collect before the end of the month, which will bring the total to nearly four times January's total!  Like I said in an earlier post, I don't expect the increases in monthly income to be so dramatic for the rest of 2013, but I'm off to a great start.  

Stock price appreciation has been more than enough to recoup the amount spent on commissions during the accumulation phase.  Now that I've moved to phase 2, commissions have dropped since most new investment is from re-invested dividends for which there is no commission.  Every 3 months for the rest of 2013, I'll be investing money from my monthly cash contributions.  Since I'll be buying more shares at once and paying the same amount in commissions as I paid on smaller purchases, it will lower my overall investment costs and should boost returns going forward.

I have to admit, the massive national debt brought about by the current administrations' economic policies has caused me a great deal of concern, but in the end I decided when people finally realize what a disaster it has been, things will change.  Whether the change is good or bad remains to be seen.  It's just another factor to consider when making the decision on where to invest your money.  No matter what kind of obstacles Washington may throw out, "this too shall pass."  As far as I'm concerned, there are good times to invest and better times to invest and hoarding cash is mostly a losers game due to inflation and taxes.  Better to put your money to work.

No comments: