Thursday, January 17, 2013

COUPON DAZE!

Took advantage of Schnuck's triple coupon special this week and picked up some great deals!  Saved almost $34 or close to 50% on my grocery shopping, so I'm stocked up for the rest of the month.  I am going to go to Gerbes and pick up some of my favorite canned chili.  They have it on sale 10 for $10 and I printed off coupons from Sendearnings which, when doubled up to $1, will give me a dollar off 2, making them 50 cents each!  The more I save on groceries, the more I have to add to my investment plan.  In addition to the savings, I'm close to getting another check from Sendearnings for using their printable coupons, doing surveys and reading paid emails.  I plan on investing all my Sendearnings checks in dividend stocks, so in a way, the money I get for using coupons will eventually buy me enough investments to help pay for my groceries.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the bank to cash in my pocket change.  I never spend loose change.  Instead, at the end of each day, I empty the change from my pocket into a change jar.  Once the jar is full, I take it to the bank and deposit the money in savings.  This time around, I plan on transferring the money to my investment account and using it to purchase shares of a local bank.  Hawthorne Bank (HWBK) may not be the best investment as far as bank stocks go, however, since it is a local bank I know a great deal more about the bank than I would otherwise.  I think it is a sound long term investment.  Then too, what could be better than being able to say you bought shares in a bank with your pocket change?

No comments: