Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 INVESTMENT PLAN

Completed revisions to my investment plan for 2013!  I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.  I've come up with a simple plan to add positions in 4 dividend stocks to my IRA account and at least 3 new stocks in my taxable account.  I've created a dividend calender to track payments and keep cash flow coming in on a fairly equal level each month.  By the time I complete all 7 stock purchases this year I will have a total of 64 dividend payments per year or 5.3 payments per month.  So the payment schedule will roughly mimic regular paychecks from a job.  

I've targeted mainly blue chip stocks, with a couple of riskier high yield stocks with good prospects.  The idea is to purchase positions in stocks I want to hold for the long haul, then concentrate on building positions through further cash investments and reinvesting dividends.  The ultimate goal is to rebuild my portfolio to provide substantial income both now and in retirement.  I think my current plan has managed to cover all the bases and I'm really excited to see how it all works out.  

As for the stocks I'll be investing in, I'll write more about those as I add them to my portfolio.  Tuesday I'll be purchasing shares in RRD:NASDAQ.  With a recent price of $8.87 and a dividend of $1.04, that works out to around an 11.72% yield.  This is one of the riskier stocks I plan to invest in and may not be for everyone, but I'm willing to take the risk from what I've seen during my research.  I'd strongly advise anyone to do their own research before adding this stock to their own portfolio.  That being said, if all goes well with this investment, it will go a long way towards raising the average payout from my dividend portfolio.  

No comments: