Monday, January 9, 2012

TIME TO REVIEW INVESTMENT PLAN

Started the new year off right with dividends from Westar Energy (WR), Glaxo Smith Klein (GSK) and Reynolds American International (RAI).  There is a lot of uncertainty going into earnings season with efforts to shore up the Euro, so not really sure where the market is headed.  The jobs report gave us a little boost, but I wouldn't count on that to last long. 

January is the month I usually review my investment plan and make any revisions I think necessary.  Also working on getting all my tax paperwork together to file my income taxes.  Will probably get a small refund this year, which I plan to invest solely in my taxable account to build monthly cash flow.  I invest in my taxable account and my IRA every month but I look forward to these small windfalls from tax refunds to give my portfolio a boost.

No comments: