Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NEW MONTH, NEW LOWS FOR THE STOCK MARKET

The month of October started out on the downside for the stock market Monday and given the performance in the Asian markets overnight, I think we'll see more of the same today.  My accounts started the month off with a nice dividend payment from Reynolds American (RAI:NYSE).  Their current dividend yield is 5.67% with an annualized dividend of $2.12 per share.  RAI is one of my long term investments.

Looking ahead for the market, I'm expecting October to be much like the month of September with continued weakness in share prices.  I'll be busy adding to some of my current positions while prices are down.  I expect to continue buying through at least the end of this year.  I think stock prices are cheap and it's a good opportunity to beef up some of my long term investments, so I'm not as active in searching for new investments.

No comments: