Saturday, September 24, 2011

STOCKS END LOWER THIS WEEK

The stock market rebounded slightly on Friday, but not enough to regain losses from earlier in the week.  I added some shares of Australia's largest telecom to my IRA account.  As it turned out, I could have saved nearly 10% by waiting until the end of this week, but it should all work out in the end. 

I don't put much stock in the new jobs stimulus program.  The only beneficiaries of the last stimulus were big banks and bank executives, who promptly paid themselves large bonuses.  I figure this program will prove more of the same.  So much for change in Washington, although I noticed from a CNBC article that Nancy Pelosi's net worth increase during the past year by over 50%.  Wonder how that happened?

Well, enough of that.  After work today I'm off to the Lake of the Ozarks for some much needed R&R.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments: