Thursday, September 8, 2011

EIGHT DAYS IN TO SEPTEMBER, MORE OF THE SAME

I suppose the big news this week is the President's jobs program, or as Shakespeare might call it, "Much ado about nothing."  Another $3 billion of taxpayers money down the drain.  The last "stimulus" program didn't stimulate much as far as I can see. 

Anyway, the market is much the same as last week, up and down, but mostly going nowhere fast.  I expect to see more of the same, which is good news for me since I'm in the buying mode.  Not so good for those who bought in at loftier prices. 

Got some great deals with coupons this week!  Took advantage of Schnuck's 10 for $10 sale, matched up coupons on some needed items and walked out with a 70% savings on my total grocery bill.  I expect to do as well or better at Walgreens this coming Sunday.  Already making my shopping lists and matching up coupons with their ad.  I created a simple spreadsheet with Microsoft Works to keep track of my coupon savings starting the first of this month.  Just curious to see how much I'm actually getting with coupons.  I'll post the results at the end of each month. 

No comments: