Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I SURVIVED THE BLIZZARD OF 2011

Just finished digging a path from my garage to the street, which was no small task given the blizzard we experienced over the past two days.  Didn't want to miss another day of work, so I took it on myself to dig out the garage entrance and a path to the street.  Probably a good 25 or 30 feet, so I guess the workouts are doing me some good after my heart attack.  I'm a little tired and have some body aches, but otherwise feel pretty good.

Tuesday's rally in the stock market was good to see, but I'll be looking to pick up shares during dips in the market.  While I'm in the rebuilding stage of my portfolio, I'll be concentrating on increasing stakes in quality stocks and avoid more speculative issues.  Will most likely add more to AT&T, Philip Morris and my drug stocks like Bristol Myers and Merck. 

For February I'll be concentrating on my tax returns for 2010.  I should get a small refund, which I plan on putting to work in a good dividend paying stock.  Want to build cash flow as rapidly as possible to help cover any future medical costs related to follow visits with my cardiologist. 

My new computer equipment is great!!!  Glad I went with used equipment.  It's super fast and I got a great deal buying off of Ebay.  My computer and monitor cost a grand total of $208, much less expensive than new and it's way more than adequate for my current needs.  I'm sure I'll more than get my moneys worth by the time I need to upgrade again.

Still loving the ipod touch!  Now I understand why Apple has done so well, although I'll probably never own shares directly.  They have some great products and the quality can't be beat.  I'll definitely consider purchasing an ipad when my laptop finally craps out. 

No comments: