Monday, February 21, 2011

GREAT VACATION AT PORT ELSEWHERE

Just got back from a relaxing week at Port Elsewhere at the Lake of the Ozarks.  I usually go down each February and meet up with friends for a weeks stay at the lake.  This time of year it's pretty deserted, so we have the condos mostly to ourselves.  The indoor pool, sauna and hot tub are great, but I think I like the peace and quiet most of all.  We usually hit the Outlet Mall, but sadly it's suffered the loss of several great stores and is no longer the best shopping experience.  Didn't buy anything this trip.

While it may seem like an extravagance to be staying at a condo at the lake when I'm trying to rebuild my stock portfolio after recent medical expenses, it really wasn't.  Some friends of mine have a time share there and I stayed with them, so my only real cost was gas money for the trip and food during my stay.  All of which came in at a little under $100.  So for a 5 day vacation, I think it was a real bargain and am glad I took advantage of it since it's not likely I'll be able to take another vacation this year.   

We had a great time catching up, playing cards and Monopoly.  Watched some great movies, had some good meals together and enjoyed our break from the everyday grind.  Enjoyed my vacation, but was glad to get home and back to work.

Finished my Federal and State tax returns the day after I got home.  I actually get small refunds this year, so I'm pretty happy about that.  Already have plans to invest the money in a good dividend stock, keep the money moving and making more.  No major moves planned for my investment accounts in the near future.  Am looking for a pullback in the market this summer and will be building my cash position to pick up some bargains when and if this occurs.

No comments: